Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Assignment # 9--- free choice.

When I read, that in this blog we could write about anything, my head started to thing in a lot of ideas to post in here but at the end I decide to take the suggestion of professor Vasileiou, and write about my impresion of the play "Oedipus the King".I had the oportunity to watch the play "Oedipus the King" in my Eng101 class, whith all this ancient attires, and masks, and also with this ceremonial language, and I have to contes that I got a little bored with it but also I capture the scence that Sophocles try to project in this master piece of drama. As a piece of literature the drama "Oedipus the King" is an incredible and full of imagination play because on it contents the mix of magic, imagination and lots of fatality. The story emphatize in remark that even the most highest of human pride could be destroyed and punish for the power of the gods, and reafirm that no body can scape to the things that already have been predestinated. But I can say that "Oedipus the King" beside of being a sad and taboo story could be analizes in a more rational way, for example: I the profecy said that he will married her mom he could choose marry a girl younger than him that way he, for sure could avoid marry his mother, and so forth the list is interminable, but as I said before the play is with out doubt a master piece of the classical literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment